Monday, March 1, 2010

Introduction

Little has had such an impact in my life as music and film. These mediums have provided me with a window to the souls of those creating it as well as discovering my own. There have been artists, songs, directors, and films that have stripped me down the core of my being and forced me to experience pure emotion in ways I never thought possible. I believe that one has not lived until they have felt the essences of joy, love, anger, hate, fear, and sadness. That list is an oversimplification of the range of emotions I have felt in my lifetime, but regardless, I feel that I can experience life to its fullest just by pressing a play button.

I want whoever reads this to learn about the specific works of art that have shaped my life in some fashion. They may be songs that have inspired me to be a better person, or a film that has pulled the rug right out from under me, but these works of pure genius are a window into what has made me who I am and will continue to impact my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment